Trail blazin!

Feeling good about today's run!

I ran Euchee Creek today. This trail is right near my house. It's a nice little nature trail - part of it circles a lake with these big boulders all around, another part is just one long bridge, lots of big pine trees, etc. I saw alot of dog walkers, one other runner, some kids, and even a small wedding was about to take place right as I was leaving. 


So it's 3.14 miles if I run the entire trail twice, which I did
I ran it in 32:36 - this is my best non treadmill 5k time so far! 
My walk breaks were 
40 seconds x1
50 seconds x1
25 seconds x1

Overall my pace was about 10:22. Not bad! And this was a decently hilly run too. My legs are not in agonizing pain today, though my right hip did cramp up a bit. Did 2 small sprints too.

Before I went for my run I did a few "pullups" lol... and some burpees. My new strategy to tackle the burpee is just to do one more each day. Right now I can do about 10 at a time, so today I did 11. And tomorrow 12. Etc, etc. It's the pushup part that kills me!

I'd say I've done good today. Celebrated my new employment and ate bad last night but now I'm right back on track.


0 comments:

Post a Comment